EP Review : Babeshadow : Sea Serpents

To start off, I just want to mention that I think Babeshadow is a rad name for a band. Babeshadow consists of Tom Cawte & David Thornley from London. Now, the first thing that popped into my head when I heard Babeshadow’s track “Sea Serpents”, was Vampire Weekend, mainly because of their summer-esque guitar riffs and drumming. This is a track you’re going to want on your summer playlist, for those afternoons on the beach with a beer in hand and all you want to do is dance your life away.

That being said, the 2nd track I listened to, “Heart” did not so closely resemble Vampire Weekend, with the track focusing more so on the vocals, sporting some killer melodies. I am pretty sure that Babeshadow would put on a fantastic live show, just listening to the music you can hear their energy. This duo is a band you’re going to want at the top of your list this summer.

"Sea Serpents" is out now through Luv Luv Luv Records, and you can purchase the record here.

Comments